Countdown the days to your cruise right from your homescreen. CruisePicker app now includes unlimited countdown widgets to help you get excited for your cruise!
You've just booked a cruise and can't wait to get till sailaway day. Get excited by adding a countdown widget to your iphone. Widgets live among your apps on your homescreen.
The app supports countdowns for Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian (NCL), Princess, Celebrity and Holland America. Add one or as many as you want (yes, the widgets are free).
NEW 1/6/23: Based on requests from users, we now supports countdowns for Disney, Virgin Voyages, MSC Cruises and Cunard.
Customize the widget by picking from seven beautiful background images: aft sailaway, coral reef, beach, sunset, deck view, Alaska glacier and a frozen drink.
In This Guide
- Royal Caribbean Example
- Carnival Example
- Disney Example
- Widget Sizes
- How to Install Countdown Widgets
- How to Share Countdown
Royal Caribbean Cruise Countdown
Carnival Cruise Countdown
Disney Cruise Countdown
Three Widget Sizes
Choose from three widget sizes - small, medium and large.
Small Widgets show your ship name and how many days left to sailaway.
Medium Widgets show your ship name, sail date, and how many days left to sailaway.
Large Widgets show the same information as the medium, but also includes a handy packing list.
How to Install Countdown Widgets
- Get the Cruise Picker app
- Go to your homescreen (that has some empty space) and long press on empty space. Your app icons will wiggle and a "+" button will appear on the upper left. Tap the "+" button.
- Type 'cruisepicker' into search
- Pick a widget to install
- Tap the 'Done' button. The defaul widget will be installed on your homescreen. Now lets customize it for your cruise.
- Long press on the actual widget. A menu will pop up. Tap on 'Edit Widget'. Note, tapping the widget will open the app. You want to long press (not tap).
- The widget will flip around. Tap the blue cruise line and ship buttons to select your line and ship.
- Add a sail date. Important: the date has to be in the MM/DD/YY format. For example if your sail date is July 21st, 2022, enter '7/21/22'. Note: If you happen to be in Canada, then the date format should be YYYY-MM-DD (2022-07-21).
- Choose a background image. Select from 10 hand selected images (including some fun cruise memes:)), or simply choose no image. After selecting, tap anywhere outside the widget. And, you're done!
Repeat the above steps to add as many widgets as you want!
How to Share your Cruise Countdown
- Tap on any of your countdown widgets.
- The app will open showing several ways to customize your countdown. Choose from even more background images. Tap the 'Share' button in the top right.
- Choose which app you want to share your countdown on: iMessage, WhatsApp, etc.
Repeat the above steps as many times as you wish. Here are the cruise lines we support:
If you are on iOS 16, you can also add countdown widgets for your lock screen.
Enjoy these countdown widgets and if you have any feedback or suggestions, don't hesitate to get in touch. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.